App Development Process
The following elements of our process is applicable to most mobile development projects:
1. Scope Definition: Delivering an optimal mobile solution necessitates a focused approach to scope definition. An effective app has a narrow focus, concentrating on the value proposition of the handful of features to maximize an optimal user experience.
2. Effective Messaging: Direct to device messaging such as push notifications is a very important differentiator for a mobile solution. App messaging must be carefully planned and executed to provide maximum business value with the lowest level of intrusion into user space.
3. Device-Specific Features: A mobile app provides a unique platform to exercise creativity. Using device-specific features such as the built-in camera and microphone, GPS or touch ID, enable a developer to engineer features that provide unique benefits with tremendous potential.
4. Back-end Integration: A mobile app morphs into a mobile solution when back-end integration is required to construct a robust software application. Careful planning and concise architecture of mobile app integration with back-end processes and data sources is an imperative when it comes to implementing a comprehensive mobile solution.
5. Security: Whether it is the data that resides within the mobile device or the data is transmitted through a public network, secure storage and connectivity is of paramount concern to a mobile solution implementation.
6. Testing: The proliferation of mobile devices and form factors necessities robust testing strategies to ensure optimal app performance on the widest possible coverage of prevailing operating system versions.
7. Cross-Platform Development: Today, the mobile ecosystem is dominated by iOS and Android operating systems. Creating native mobile apps that leverage cross-platform tools is not only cost-effective but also ensures native operating system look and feel that is the hallmark of all first-class mobile deployments.
8. App Analytics: Tracking the app adoption and performance is a critical factor in establishing a continuous improvement app lifecycle pattern.